Peace Operations Beyond the Horizon: Enabling Contributing Countries for the Future
The Challenges Annual Forum 2011 was held in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt on 16-17 February 2012 and was hosted by Cairo Regional Center for Training on Conflict Resolution and Peacekeeping in Africa in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Egypt on the theme “Peace Operations Beyond the Horizon: Enabling Contributing Countries for the Future”.
Some 90 participants representing the Challenges Forum Partner Organizations, regional organizations such as the League of Arab States and the African Union, and the United Nations attended this year’s Forum.
The theme for the Challenges Annual Forum in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt was Peace Operations Beyond the Horizon – Enabling Contributing Countries for the Future.
The Forum sessions focused on the following topics:
- Developments in Africa 2011: What will be Required from the
Peacekeeping Contributing Countries and Peace Building Actors
- Enabling Leadership through Effective Participation in Decision Making – What are the Next Steps?
- Enabling Military Contributions
- Enabling Civilian Contributions
- Enabling Police and Corrections Contributions