Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Considerations Study needs to be reviewed signifcantly to better refect the role and importance of mission leaders in preventing and addressing sexual exploitation and abuse.
2. Establish mechanisms for transparent reporting and engagement with civil society on issues around sexual exploitation and abuse.
3. Consider the participation of women in the peace operation as another tool that may support eforts to prevent and reduce sexual exploitation and abuse.
4. Take a victim-centred approach to sexual exploitation and abuse, which supports the activities of the Secretary-General’s Victims’ Rights Advocate (through a possible representative in mission)
5. Identify and share examples of good behaviour and role models within the mission.